Munsang College Kindergarten
Kindergarten One Applications for the 2022－2023 Academic Year
Thank you for applying to Munsang College Kindergarten. We are now accepting applications for children born between 1st November 2018 and 31st December 2019 for Kindergarten One for the 2022 – 2023 academic year. In view of the pandemic, the interview process has been divided into two stages this year. For details, please refer to the following information listed below.
Notes for application
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- When applying only a desktop computer can be used.
- Online applications will be accepted from 10am - 4pm from 8th – 11th October 2021. The application form needs to be completed within 1 hour otherwise the application system will automatically withdraw the application.
- Prior to starting the application you will need to save the applicant’s birth certificate as a JPG file on your computer (the size should be between 500KB – 2MB).
- Once you have completed the application form you may preview and edit it. Please check the information carefully and if it’s correct click ‘submit’. The application form will be temporarily saved on the database and can no longer be edited at this time.
- After the online application procedure has been completed a randomly selected application number will be provided. Please print the application form and retain it. You will need to bring the printed application form to school on the day of the Stage II interview.
- If you wish to change any information after submission, please visit the school website again between 12th and 14th October 2021. To edit the information insert the ‘birth certificate number’ and ‘application number’ of the applicant to log-on to the system.
- The $40 application fee must be paid by credit card through the PayPal system during the online application. The application fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Failure to complete the whole application procedure will result in the application being withdrawn.
- With the exception of the original birth certificate none of the documents submitted will be returned regardless of whether you are offered a place or not.
- According to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, the personal data collected will be used for the kindergarten application procedure only. If the applicant is successful the personal data collected will form part of the applicant’s official student records. If the applicant is unsuccessful all personal data will be destroyed after the application procedure has been completed.
- There are two types of personal data requested on the application form. Mandatory information is marked with an asterisk* and this must be provided in order to process the application. Failure to provide such data will result in the application being rejected. Information not marked with an * is optional. Parents can decide whether or not to provide this information.
- Stage I - record and upload a video
- Please upload a 2 minute video between 1st and 3rd November 2021. The teachers will evaluate all the videos and select 900 applicants to enter Stage II according to the performance shown in the video. The remaining applicants should consider their application unsuccessful.
- The instructions for uploading the video will be posted on the school website at a later date.
- Parents are free to choose the video content that displays the applicant’s uniqueness and your parent-child relationship
- Stage II - face-to-face interview
- Please check the school website from 20th November 2021 at 12 noon onwards for details of the randomly assigned interview time for Stage II and to download the school questionnaire using the applicant’s I.D. number. Please note interviews cannot be rescheduled due to the large number of applicants and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- The Stage II interview will be held on 27th November 2021 (Saturday). Applicants should be accompanied by one adult only. Please bring the applicant’s original birth certificate, and the completed questionnaire on the interview day.
- The interview will be conducted individually and also in groups whilst the teachers observe them.
- Appropriate age
- The video content and performance on the interview day
- Parents who believe the educational philosophy of the school
- Applicants who have siblings studying in any of Munsang College (SSB) schools during 2021-2022
- Applicants who have siblings who graduated from any of Munsang College (SSB) schools
- Applicants who have parents who graduated from any of Munsang College (SSB) schools
The result of your application will be released by the school website on 11th
- Accepted students: Parents should complete the first registration by submitting all related documents and paying the registration fee at the designated time on 18th December 2021. The details will be confirmed together with the application result.
- Wait listed students: Parents should complete the reply slip and return it to the school in person or by mail on or before 23rd December 2021.
- For students who have been accepted or are on wait list, the school will not accept late submission of the valid registration documents, and in this case the place will be given to another student.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $970.00 will be collected and this will be used for the first instalment of the 2022-2023 school fee. If you choose to withdraw your child from the school after paying the registration fee, you must inform the school in writing, and in this case the place will be given to another student.