Munsang College Kindergarten
Kindergarten One Applications for the 2021－2022 Academic Year
Application for Kindergarten One for the 2021-2022 academic year has been finished. Parents who have successfully applied, please take a 2 minute video of your child and upload it to YouTube. Use the video link from YouTube and submit it on to the school website between 2nd and 4th November 2020. The teachers will evaluate all videos which meet the criteria below and can be viewed via the YouTube channel. 900 applicants will be selected to advance to Stage II according to the performance shown in the video.
Instructions for taking the video
- Please take the video in landscape mode.
- The video should not exceed 2 minutes. Any video content after 2 minutes will not be evaluated.
- Parents are free to choose the video content that displays your child’s uniqueness and your parent-child relationship.
Instructions for uploading the video to YouTube
- For parents using a smartphone to take the video
Please select the video clip from the phone gallery, then press the ‘Share’ icon and then the ‘YouTube’ icon.
- For parents using a camera or other digital video device to take the video
Please save the video clip using the application number of your child, i.e. C210000, at a computer then go to the YouTube website. Login to your account and upload the video clip.
- After the video has been uploaded, you must set the video as ‘unlisted’ or ‘public’ under the ‘visibility’ settings. Otherwise the teachers will be unable to view the video you have uploaded.
- Click ‘Get shareable link’ to retrieve the video link after it has been saved.
Instructions for submitting the link to school
- Please log on to the admission page of the school website between 2nd and 4th November 2020 using the application form number and birth certificate number of your child.
- After logging on, please paste the video link and click ‘submit’. The video link will be saved to the school website.
- Please check the school website from 16th November 2020 onwards for details of the randomly assigned interview time for Stage II and also download the school questionnaire using the applicant’s I.D. number. Please note interviews cannot be rescheduled due to the large number of applicants and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- The Stage II interview will be held on 21st November 2020 (Saturday). Applicants should be accompanied by one adult only. Please bring the applicant’s original birth certificate, the completed questionnaire and a stamped addressed envelope (9” x 4”) on the interview day.
- The interview will be conducted individually and also in groups whilst the teachers observe them.
- Appropriate age
- The video content and performance on the interview day
- Parents who believe the educational philosophy of the school
- Applicants who have siblings studying in any of Munsang College (SSB) schools during 2020-2021
- Applicants who have siblings who graduated from any of Munsang College (SSB) schools
- Applicants who have parents who graduated from any of Munsang College (SSB) schools
Notification of application results
The result of your application will be released by post on 12th
- Accepted students: Parents should complete the first registration by submitting all related documents and paying the registration fee at the designated time on 19th December 2020.
- Wait list students: Parents should complete the reply slip and return it to the school in person or by mail on or before 24th December 2020.
- To all accepted and wait list students, the school will not accept late submission of the valid registration documents, and in this case the place will be given to another student.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $970.00 will be collected and this will be used for the first instalment of the 2021-2022 school fee. If you choose to withdraw your child from the school after paying the registration fee, you must inform the school in writing, and in this case the place will be given to another student.